At PartyPoker.net, we're committed to providing our players with the best customer care in the online poker industry.
To help you out, we list and answer our players' most frequently asked questions for your convenience. Check below to see if we've already answered your question.
How can I retrieve a password I've forgotten?
Passwords cannot be retrieved for security reasons. However, you can set a new password. Just type your account name into the log in pop-up, and then follow the 'Forgot your password?' link. We'll send an email containing a password reset link to your registered address.
1. Download/installation and firewall
1.1 What do I need to do to start playing poker online?
You’ll need to download and install our free software application in order to play poker at PartyPoker.net.
1.2 How do I download the PartyPoker.net application?
Downloading our software is easy: Just click on the 'Download now' button from the How to Play page on the PartyPoker.net site.
1.3 I downloaded the software but now I can't find it.
If you’ve downloaded the software but have forgotten where you saved it, don't worry. Just go to Start-->Find-->File or Folders and type in PartypokerSetup.exe in the 'Named:' box. Once you’ve found it, double-click the file and join the party.
1.4 I installed the PartyPoker.net software, but I can't hear any sounds.
Enabling the in-game sound is easy. Simply follow these steps:
- Log in using your PartyPoker.net account details.
- Select the 'Options' menu in the PartyPoker.net Lobby.
- Click on the 'Video & Audio Options' tab.
- Click on the 'Sounds On/Off' option and make sure that it’s checked.
Please make sure you have a valid sound card and that your speaker is not set to mute.
1.5 Do I need to go to the PartyPoker.net website every time I want to play?
No, you just have to click on the PartyPoker.net icon on your desktop and it will automatically connect your PC to PartyPoker.net. Enter your account name and password and click on 'Log in' to start playing.
2. Getting started
2.1 How do I open an account?
- Download the software and double-click on the PartyPoker.net icon on your desktop.
- Complete and submit the new player registration form, and you’re ready to play.
2.2 What does it cost me to play at the 'play for free' tables?
These tables are absolutely free.
2.3 How do I add play money chips?
If your play balance is zero (0), please click on any open seat and then select 'Add Play $' in the 'Buy-in' window.
You won’t be able to get more play money chips if:
1. You are in the middle of a hand.
2. You are only viewing a table.
3. You are playing in a tournament.
Click on the dealer tray and select ‘More Chips’ to add play chips while you are seated at the table. You must leave a five-minute gap between each request for additional chips.
2.4 Can I change my account/screen name?
No, you can’t change your account/screen name.
2.5 How do I change my password?
To change your password:
1. Log in to PartyPoker.net.
2. Click on the 'My Account' tab at the top of the Lobby.
3. Select 'Change Password'
4. Type in your current password, enter your new password, and then re-enter the new password to confirm it.
3.1 How do I chat on the tables?
Use the 'Chat box' at the bottom-left of the table screen.
Messages can be typed in the box labeled 'Type here to chat'. Just press 'Enter' on your keyboard to transfer your message to the chat box. All players' messages will show in the larger chat box in the bottom center of the table.
3.2 I have friends online at PartyPoker.net. Can I invite them to a table? How do I find them?
- Log in to the Lobby, and click on the ‘Options' tab.
- Click on the 'Player search' tab.
- Enter the player's screen name and click on ‘Search’.
3.3 How do I add a friend to my buddy list?
- Click on ‘Options’ in the Lobby.
- Select 'My buddies'. This will open your buddy list details.
Click 'Add', and enter your friend's registered screen name.
3.4 How should I deal with players who use foul and profane language?
We do not tolerate the use of profane or abusive language at our tables, and treat it as a serious offence.
You can block players who use profane or abusive language by right-clicking on the player's screen name at the table and selecting 'Disable Chat'.
4.1 How do I join a table?
To join a table:
- Select a table from the list shown on the right-hand side of the Lobby.
- Double-click on the table. Click on the 'Seat open' tab once the table has opened.
- You will see a buy-in window, which you can use to choose the number of chips you want take to the table. Make your selection and click 'Ok' to be seated. You will be given the option to post the big blind and start play from the following hand.
Please note that on No-Limit and Pot-Limit tables there are a maximum and minimum number of chips you can take to the table.
4.2 Where can I check the rules for each game?
The rules for each game are offered in detail in the 'How to play' section of PartyPoker.net. You will find basic rules, poker games rules, betting rules, information on buy-ins and table stakes, a glossary, and strategy tips in this section.
4.3 What should I do if the table I want to play at is full?
Click on the 'Join waiting list' button for the table you'd like to play at. You will automatically be added to the waiting list. You can read a list of players currently playing at - and waiting for - a particular table to the right of the screen in the Lobby.
Your name will be added to the bottom of the waiting list when you click on 'Join wait list’. Your name will move up the list as seats become available. You will be notified automatically when your seat becomes available.
4.4 What should I do if no one is seated at the table I’d like to play on?
Just click on the waiting list for the empty table and select the minimum number of players you want to play against. You will be notified that the game is ready to start as soon as the specified number of players have joined the table.