There’s one thing that even the biggest sharks can’t do in an offline poker room: Play at more than one table at a time.
At PartyPoker.net, you can take a seat at up to 18 tables, meaning more great action and even more chances to win. We call this ‘multi-tabling’. It can be a little daunting at first, so here are a few short tips to get you started:
- If you’ve found a table you feel comfortable playing at, opening more tables of the same level could really pay off
- Start by playing a second table as close as possible to your favorite game to help you learn at a level you’re comfortable with – you could even play at a lower level to make sure you take fewer risks
- When you open a second, take a second before you start playing to arrange the windows to give you the best view of the tables on your screen; it’s also a good idea to watch a couple of hands at both tables to get used to seeing two games at once
- When you have lots of tables open, it’s important that you make sure they’re arranged to give you the best possible view of all the action: To do this, use the tiling and cascading features, or manually resize the tables (we recommend you tile your tables to give you the best view, but take a look at the other options to see which one suits you best)
- Turn on the ‘Hand strength’ feature to see your own hand’s strength at each table; this will help you stay on top of the action and will assist in the decision-making process
- Use the alert features, which will let you know when you have a great hand at a table and can assist you in big-pot situations
- If you find the flow of your games is going more slowly than normal, you probably have too many tables open and should consider closing one or more
We’ll update this page with more multi-tabling information and tips, so keep checking back.